Hackpads are smart collaborative documents. .

anirudh prabhu

379 days ago
Unfiled. Edited by leeb5@rpi.edu , anirudh prabhu 379 days ago
anirudh p anirudh prabhu
 
  • Topic
leeb5@rpi.edu Do we need test or Toy Datasets
 
  • Discussion
Currently, DBpedia is a good test dataset for SPARQL query.  However, it is quite large.  It would not be good for testing importing into a triple store.
 
Ontologies are very domain specific so we would need a toy dataset to apply to a domain many people understand.
 
386 days ago
Unfiled. Edited by leeb5@rpi.edu , anirudh prabhu , Congrui Li 386 days ago
leeb5@rpi.edu eScience July 7, 2016
Patrick W
  • General Information
  • Next Meeting
Deborah M
  • Time and location: 
 
Patrick W Call In
Marshall M 1.  Please join my meeting.
2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.  Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (408) 650-3123
Access Code: 333-351-829
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting 
Meeting ID: 333-351-829
 
leeb5@rpi.edu
  • Attendance
Benno Lee
anirudh p anirudh prabhu
 
 
 
 
  • Discussion
 
393 days ago
eScience June 23, 2016
  • General Information
  • Previous Meeting  (was the last meeting may 26?  or was there another one that should be linked? - benno please update the links)
  • Next Meeting
Deborah M
  • Time and location: 
 
anirudh p anirudh prabhu
 
  • Notes
 
 
414 days ago
Congrui L Congrui Li
Hao Z Hao Zhong
Stephan Z Stephan Zednik
  •  
 
Topic: Insider Threat Ontology
 
  • Background
  • Malicious Insider - internal employee that may perform malicious actions
  • Ontology abstracts the idea of threats consistently across organizations
  • Trades expressiveness for inter-operability
  • Implementation
  • Distinguish between Actions (observable) and Events (inferrable)
  • Validation
  • "The insider stole a co-worker's password credentials to log into the system and commit fraud."
  • Start with Natural Language, then use this model to translate into a Semantic structure
 
Discussion
 
  • Difference between Asset and Information?  (Credit Card Asset vs Credit Card Information)
*Money stolen from a credit card is the asset, the card number is the information
  • Authors created semantic model in last slide manually
*Validating the ontology is expressive enough
*Possible Research: Automate NLP to generate these Semantic models
*Linkepedia?  Perhaps a more domain specific domain ontology
*Owl File not available, but forth
 
421 days ago
Deborah M Discussion Topics
  • best practices google doc <get pointer>
  • just navigating around our github content related to this
Han W
  • where are our ontologies?  and related sparql endpoints
  • where are our ontologies?  and related sparql endpoints
 
 
Marshall M 20160526 eScience Meeting 
 
Patrick W
  • General Information
  • This Meeting
  • Previous Meeting
  • Next Meeting
 
Call In
Marshall M 1.  Please join my meeting.
2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.  Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (408) 650-3123
Access Code: 333-351-829
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting 
Meeting ID: 333-351-829
 
Patrick W Attendance
Marshall M Marshall Ma
Han W Han Wang
Ian Gross
Jim M Jim McCusker
anirudh p Hao Zhong
Deborah M Zhen Liu 
Sabita Acharya  (will be remote after this week)
Liyu Pan <panl2@rpi.edu>
Rui Yan
 
 
Regrets:
  • Henrique O. Santos <hensantos@gmail.com>   
  • Paulo Pinheiro at RPI <pinhep@rpi.edu>
  • katie chastain (already on list)
Peter F
  • Ahmed (on travel, on list)
  • Sophie Kolankowski (getting married!)
 
Marshall M
  • Propose and discuss topics and questions for the coming eScience meetings
 
anirudh p Location - Place, Event, geographical etc
Ontology Change Template - May not apply for some ontology
Minimum subset of the template that needs to be filled. 
 
Patrick W Action Items
anirudh p
  • Ontology evolution talk based on Linyun's Work
  • Semantics of Quality and Bias Representations
  • Location representations in PROV 
  • Insider's Threat - Rui
 
Deborah M Please add me to the list  (the first 5 people below are all working with deborah this summer)
Patrick W
  • rashidshabbir@gmail.com
anirudh p
  • grossi2@rpi.edu
  • sachar4@uic.edu
Deborah M
  • Zhen Liu <zl1471@nyu.edu>
  • Liyu Pan <panl2@rpi.edu>
 
Patrick W Potential Topics
  • ontology best practices
  • Github Repositories
  • ontology versioning
  • ontology annotation
  • content negotiation and discoverability
Deborah M
  • registering (and advertising) our ontologies
Patrick W
  • easily creating semantic content (ontology editors as well as instance editors)
Peter F
  • Location representations (Marshall and Peter from Vespucci last June)
Marshall M
  • can also relate to work of the 'Spatial Data on the Web' OGC-W3C joint WG
Peter F
  • Location in PROV-O (Marshall and Peter)
Stephan Z
  • ?is this related to the location representations bullet above? Yes.
  • W3C PROV definition of Location: A location can be an identifiable geographic place (ISO 19112), but it can also be a non-geographic place such as a directory, row, or column. As such, there are numerous ways in which location can be expressed, such as by a coordinate, address, landmark, and so forth.
Deborah M
  • Ontology evolution and curation among Big / Broad communities
...
802 days ago
Unfiled. Edited by Hao Zhong , anirudh prabhu , Apurva Kumar Sinha , Patrick West 802 days ago
Hao Z eScience Meeting 20150511.1100EST Mon
 
Patrick W
  • General Information
Hao Z
Patrick W
  • Next Meeting
 
Hao Z Dates and Speakers
Date Weekday Time Speaker Topic
Feb 02 Monday 11am ET Linyun Fu Ontology Interest Group
Feb 16 Monday 11am ET Stephan Zednik Vocabulary Services
Mar 02 Monday 11am ET NA Catchups & Discussion
Mar 16 Monday 11am ET Linyun Fu Linked Vocabulary API
Mar 30 Monday 11am ET NA General Discussions
Apr 13 Monday 11am ET NA Ontology Versioning etc
Apr 27 Monday 11am ET Marshall Ma Talk on Ontology Evolution
May 11 Monday 11am ET NA General Discussion & Summer
Remote Users:
1.  Please join my meeting, May 11, 2015 at 11:00 AM EDT.
 
2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
 
Dial +1 (626) 425-3121
Access Code: 817-336-701
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
 
Meeting ID: 817-336-701
 
Patrick W Attendance
Hao Z Hao Zhong
Momo
 
 
Hao Z
  • Topics of Interests
  • Relevant Papers:
 
 
Action Items from Last Time
 
  • Notes
Linyun F
  • GCIS ontology change as a concrete example
anirudh p
  • Link for Google Drive with GCIS ontology change plan 
Link for Ontology changes
Ontology Change Proposal
Patrick W Github repository
 
TWC Ontology Change Proposal
 
Action Items
  • Anirudh to jot down ontology changes from GCIS second phase
  •  
 
816 days ago
Attendance
Patrick W Patrick
Linyun F Linyun
Stephan Z Stephan
 
 
  •  
 
  • Agenda
  • Discussion (15-20 min max)
  • Summary (3-5 min max)
 
  • The relationship between verisoning and the rest of the evolution cycle elements
Linyun F
  • Versioning as a way to encode and manage changes (i.e., the rest of the evolution cycle elements/activities)?
 

Contact Support



Please check out our How-to Guide and FAQ first to see if your question is already answered! :)

If you have a feature request, please add it to this pad. Thanks!


Log in